Variorum v0.5.0 has been released!
- Support for new architectures: AMD CPUs, Intel Ice Lake
- Add examples for integration Variorum into OpenMP and MPI programs, adds dependency on rankstr library for MPI examples (optional)
- Rename clock_speed to frequency and power_limits to power_limit throughout Variorum API
- Report info about power domains through JSON, such as what can be measured, what can be measured and capped (along with limits), and what cannot be measured or capped (unsupported).
- Deprecate set_and_verify API and removes associated example
- Extend JSON API and Best Effort Node Power Cap to ARM, AMD, and Intel platforms, IBM already supported
Other notable changes
- Use getopt to parse arguments in examples
- CI migrated from Travis to GitLab
- Add presentations from ECP 2021 tutorial series
- Extend GitLab build matrix to build across different GCC versions
- Refactor msr_core.[ch] into its own directory as it is used by both Intel and AMD ports
- Improved docs: add AMD and ARM docs, rankstr dependency, re-organize hierarchy, update system digram, add pages for categories of APIs, add info on Argo, PowerStack, EEHPC WG, PowerAPI, and Variorum integrations
- License header check as new unit test
Download links are available on the For Developers page.