New release of Variorum
Variorum v0.4.0 has been released!
Changes in this release:
- Add support for ARM Juno architecture
- Add top-level API to query available frequencies, add support for Intel and ARM
- Add JANSSON-C dependency
- Introduce JSON API to return monitoring data into a structure
- Update variorum to build and run with both msr-safe < v1.5 (msr_whitelist) msr-safe >= v1.5 (msr_allowlist)
- Add best effort node power cap support for Intel Broadwell and IBM
- Build option to enable all warnings, cleanup compiler warnings
- Default build type switched from Release to RelWithDebInfo
- Consistent formatting for verbose printouts across architectures
- Update year in license headers
- Update docs throughout: JSON API, best effort power cap, architectures supported, add sample output to examples
- Rename set functions to cap throughout top-level API (and internally in architecture-level functions) to clarify that the setting is an upper bound; instantaneous reads on these metrics may be at or below the value
Download links are available on the For Developers page.